If you have diabetes, then it is important for you to wear the right type of shoes. The shoes that you wear can make or break your health. Many people with diabetes are aware that they are at risk of losing their toes and feet to amputation. Hence it is vital for you to wear shoes that will keep your feet well and protected and save you from the harms of diabetes. Read this article to find out more about our diabetic sneakers!
What is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or blood sugar, cannot be controlled. It’s caused when the body doesn’t produce enough insulin, or can’t use the insulin that it does produce effectively. This leads to high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) and can damage cells in your body over time. Diabetes is a chronic disease that affects the body’s ability to regulate blood sugar. This can cause high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
The two main types of diabetes are type 1 (insulin-dependent) and type 2 (non-insulin-dependent). Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that occurs when the body’s immune system attacks the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. Type 2 diabetes is linked to obesity and lifestyles that do not include exercise.
Symptoms of Diabetes
Common symptoms of diabetes include:
- Increased thirst/urge to drink more water than normal
- Increased hunger/emptiness feelings
- Fatigue or tiredness during the day
- Blurry vision or blindness during storms or at night time
- Slow healing after cuts, scrapes, or burns
Diabetic Feet Complications
Diabetes is a chronic disease that requires constant monitoring and treatment. Diabetes can cause complications in the feet, which include infections and ulcers. These problems can lead to amputation of the foot. An article written by the American Diabetes Association says that people with diabetes are at risk for foot problems because of poor blood circulation, which affects the nerves in the foot and leg. The nerves send signals to the brain about pain or numbness. People with diabetes also have a higher risk for infection because their immune systems are weakened. In addition, they generally have elevated levels of inflammation, which can encourage bacteria to grow quickly in their wounds. Hence it is extremely vital for individuals to wear diabetic sneakers.
Diabetic Sneakers For a Healthy Foot
If you have diabetes, the last thing you want is to develop diabetic neuropathy. This painful condition can cause tingling, burning, and numbness in the feet and legs. Other symptoms include loss of feeling in the toes, feet, and legs. There are many ways to combat this condition and one of them is by wearing diabetic sneakers that offer comfort, support, and stability. If you wear these shoes regularly, your feet will not only be more comfortable but they will also protect your body from further damage. Diabetic sneakers are designed to help diabetic patients keep their feet healthy. The shoes use a midsole cushioning system and are designed to keep the foot comfortable, even when walking for long periods of time. They also come with shock-absorbing insoles, which can reduce the risk of injury caused by slips and falls. Another good thing about wearing diabetic sneakers is that they will help you keep your blood sugar levels under control by improving circulation. This means that the glucose can easily reach your cells and thus allow them to function properly without any problem. The best thing about these sneakers is that they come in different styles, colors and sizes so that everyone can find something he or she likes best. You should choose the best sneakers for diabetes.
Maintaining A Healthy Lifestyle
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is one way to help your diabetes. Here are some tips:
- Eat a healthy diet. A diet high in fruits and vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products can help manage your blood sugar levels.
- Exercise regularly. Regular physical activity can help control your blood sugar level and lower your risk of complications from diabetes.
- Get enough sleep. Getting enough sleep helps protect against diabetes complications.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of developing diabetes and may make it harder for you to manage the disease.
- Don’t smoke. It’s not only bad for your health, but smoking can also increase your risk of developing diabetes. If you still want to smoke, make sure that you only do so in the privacy of your home or car.
- Diabetic shoes can be a great way to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. They are designed with special insoles and materials that are designed to help you stay on your feet for long periods of time.
Why Choose Medicomf?
Best sneakers for diabetes made especially for you. They are comfortable and easy to wear. The extra width and thickness in the sole of these shoes make them truly ergonomic. The correct sized arch support helps stabilize the entire foot and ankle. Medicomf is a leading manufacturer of quality diabetic shoes on the market. We have been in this business many years and our customers love our shoes because they are comfortable, durable, and long-lasting. Our diabetic shoes are all made with high-quality materials that are easy to clean and maintain. We use only the best materials to make sure that your shoes will last for years. We offer a wide variety of styles so you can find the perfect pair for you. You can wear them all day long with no discomfort at all! Contact us for further information about our products.